Saturday, July 24, 2010

For some reason that is completely beyond me (mostly), I always get semi depressed around my birthday. So I felt like I had to blog something and I'm super embarrassed that my last one was from May. Well we've been in Moab since Wednesday night to visit Jennet and Josh and Emma while they're house sitting for Jesse's aunt. It's really nice to be back and go on some adventures. We went boating down the river yesterday (which was the first experience of that kind for me) and it was so much fun to just relax and catch the scenery. Moab is beautiful! Except the horseflies. I HATE horseflies. It stings when they bite you and for some reason my bites are bigger and itchier than everyone elses. Damn horseflies.

We're heading back to slc tonight and tomorrow will be a full day and then I'm turning 21 on Monday! I was excited like a month ago but as it draws closer and closer I'm dreading it. Not the actual aging part, just the thought of having to do something on that day and what to do and who the hell to do it with. I really hate planning my own birthday party because I feel like a self absorbed brat and this year I genuinely do NOT want any presents which throws people, like my boyfriend, completely off. Then they start making themselves believe that "I'm just saying that" and I really do want presents. While it's no question that I love getting presents, I'm just not into it this time. Part of that is because Jesse quit his job and we are both going to school full on this fall so we both need to save money. So perhaps that can be my present!

Other than that I don't really know what this lull means in recent years and even lately. I wonder if maybe there's some statistic on it somewhere or if this happens to other people around their birthday or if I'm just being utterly odd. Maybe there's just nothing to it and it has nothing to do with my birthday arriving. I just happen to be consistently depressed at the same time every year. I guess there's a full moon tomorrow. Maybe it's the moon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment