Thursday, May 20, 2010

i have sooo not been available these past couple weeks. Summer has started but not really since I have summer school and I have a new job and we just took in a litter of kittens and their momma! We had to take them in so we could fix the mom and protect the kittens from predators. At first we had to bottle feed the kittens because we had to separate them and we weren't sure if the mom was feral, but she's fine. Oh man bottle feeding three kittens is pretty much like having three little babies. Formula every 4 hours, then burping, washing, and helping them go potty..equals no sleep for anybody. We decided to re-introduce the kittens to their mom this week since it will be 2 weeks till we get her fixed, and things have been a lot easier. She's awesome with her babies and she's getting more used to us. Pictures will come soon since they are super adorable. We have found one kitten a home and we are hoping to find the other two homes but jesse and I love the little grey one (i want to name her wednesday) so we will see what happens. If anyone desires a little cutie, please tell me, they're going to be awesome cats.

Another event occurred last week that has become a huge moment in my baking career. I made my first Tiramisu which turned out to be a ginormous success (amazingly!). It was for my stepmom's birthday since she loves tiramisu so much and it was delicious. I didn't buy enough lady fingers so the cake wasn't very pretty to look at (authentically kept in a covered bowl-in my case, tupperware) and since I didn't have any of my baking stuff (park city lays claim to 80% of my things) I had to make it the old fashioned way, no mixer! I still am amazed that it turned out but not only that, that it was so delicious. It is important to let it sit overnight in the fridge so all that whipping doesn't go to waste, and to use good mascarpone cheese. I swear by REAL mascarpone. Some people use a mixture of cream cheese and sour cream as a substitute because it is a little expensive (about $6-$8 for 8oz) but since it's all about the mascarpone cream in the cake, it'd be silly to not use actual mascarpone. This goes back to the brownie blog and using good quality chocolate for something that's all about chocolate. I took some pics but I since I will be making a second attempt for a prettier version, I'm going to post those pics up instead. Wait and see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment